You may be hard pressed to find anything more effective than professional teeth whitening when it comes to brightening your smile. Here at Providence Smiles, we are happy to offer teeth whitening in Durham, North Carolina, so you can achieve a more radiant smile. If you would like to set up an appointment with us, please feel free to call 919-682-4861 today and ask for a visit with our highly talented dentist, Dr. Kwame Gyampo.
What Teeth Whitening Is
If your smile is stained or dull and you would like to have a brighter smile, then teeth whitening is for you! We use a whitening gel that can make stains lighter and remove discoloration and yellowing from your teeth. We can either brighten your teeth here in our office, or you can take home a teeth whitening kit.
What Teeth Whitening Helps With
Teeth whitening helps brighten smiles that have been discolored by a variety of factors, including:
- Having poor dental hygiene
- Eating and drinking foods that stain your smile, such as soda, wine, tea and coffee
- Using tobacco products and smoking
- Having an illness
- Using certain kinds of medication
- Experiencing fluorosis
How Teeth Whitening Works
Whether in or out of our office, we want you to experience the benefits of a whiter smile!
For our in-office teeth whitening, we will coat your teeth in a specific kind of powerful whitening gel. We then activate the gel, and the gel helps break up stains, lightening your teeth. The whole process takes about an hour.
With take-home whitening, we will send you home with teeth whitening trays that have been custom made for your unique smile, as well as a whitening gel. You will wear the trays with the gel in them according to the instructions our dentist and team provide. You should begin to experience results over the next several weeks.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening can benefit your smile by helping remove stains, making your smile whiter and brighter. This helps make your smile more aesthetically pleasing, allowing you to have greater self-confidence and show off your smile more often. A session of in-office teeth whitening takes only a short and simple appointment, perfect for any events you have coming up. You can even brighten your smile in the convenience of your own home!
How To Keep Your Smile Bright
Wondering what to do in addition to your teeth whitening to enjoy a white smile? We recommend the following:
- Keeping up good dental hygiene habits. Dental hygiene is very important to keep your smile lovely and healthy. Practice good dental hygiene by brushing twice a day and flossing daily. This helps prevent plaque, cavities and gum disease, all of which can damage your smile appearance. We also recommend using a mouthwash as part of your dental routine.
- Limiting or avoiding the consumption of staining foods or drinks. Tea, coffee, soda, wine, tomato sauce, soy sauce and other foods and drinks can stain your smile. Practice moderation in consuming them, and remember to brush your teeth well!
- Limiting or quitting smoking and using tobacco products. Nicotine yellows your smile, and smoking can lead to a greater chance of periodontal disease, which is damaging to your oral health and smile.
Whether it is for an event or just for the enhancement of your smile, we are ready to provide you with teeth whitening. We look forward to seeing you in our office and gifting you a dazzling smile! Please call or visit us today to schedule your teeth whitening appointment with our dentist!
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.*|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.†|
*Second and Fourth Friday | †First Saturday